Aug 23, 2011

Kickstarter - Day 2

I can't believe it! I am beside myself with this Kickstarter thing. I am obsessed. I mean, how many times a day can a girl click refresh? And it seems every time I turn around the pledge has gone up by $100!! Every time I can never quite believe it.

This is the most fun I've had in ages!



Sure, it is incredibly nerve-racking. And I feel like I am talking more than I EVER have about me and my music, but it feels good. It feels good to feel good about what I want to do. And to have a pretty good excuse to talk about it EVERYWHERE!! haha! Usually I am pretty shy about talking about what I am up to, - I feel like I don't want to 'bother' people with my music. But, that ain't gonna get a girl anywhere, is it?! Why do we have hang ups like that? Does everyone have them? Or is it just me?

Last night I hung out at a bar / restaurant in Brooklyn. I haven't done that in ages. I met a really lovely woman and we all had a great time. That hasn't happened to me in a long time. I feel like when I first came to NY ten years ago it always happened - it was one of the things that made me LOVE New York - that ease that people seem to have with talking to each other.  (Ok, MOST of the time. There are definitely times when you have to pretty much pretend you are both deaf and blind. Dumb usually helps too.. And I have actually pretended I don't speak English before!!).....

I suppose I haven't gotten out as much lately. Or the magic hasn't been there for me. But, I felt it again last night. And with the launch of this Kickstarter. The fact that the weather has been flirting endlessly with me also helps (can it get ANY nicer in NY than right now?).

But, life feels good.  And I am SUPER excited about this project. I can't wait to keep you updated more along the way.

Next time I will have to tell you all about my fundraising skills as a little girl. Actually, it was more like my sister's skills than mine. I think this must be the first time I have raised money without her by my side. But that's ok, - she's working that Australian crowd, aren't ya sis?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment